23 August 2012

Thursday ...

The new Mr. and Mrs. Bertran were taking everyone zip lining, but unfortunately I was unable to. Instead they booked me at the Kapalua Spa for a pre-natal massage. It was heaven. I was so relaxed afterward like I was floating on a cloud. Justin opted out of zip lining to spend the rest of the day with me.

Justin and I headed to the Maui Ocean Center for a few hours. We got to see a six week old sea turtle up close and then a shark feeding.

After the aquarium we headed to Front street to do a little shopping and to see the massive trees in the square. It was unbelievable how one hug tree has grown into a massive colony.

That night after having a quiet dinner at the condo, we headed down to the beach to explore at night. The tide was down and made tide pools on one side of the bay. We climbed the rocks and walked out a bit. We saw so many crabs, a few fish, and even an eel. Back on the beach we walked up and down. and of course Justin liked to provoke the crabs. On the way back we saw a large crab half buried in the sand sleeping. Justin poked it and woke up, scurried away five feet and then turn around to attack me! I had to run away from an angry crab on the soft sand in flip flops for almost 15 feet!